Menu-Bar

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Friday, February 12, 2016

Kanye West versus Taylor Swift ...the beef continues


' With Kanye, you never never know... One day he is good, bad the next'

Coming on the heels of his successful season 3 debut of the 'Yeezy Collection,' in New York, Kanye West comes after Taylor Swift for stealing his vibes possibly to gen interest for his new album launch

Swift’s spokesman said she was unaware of the line from West’s new song Famous in which he says ‘I made that bitch famous’, but that she had warned him not to release a misogynistic song.

... Make up

Happier times … Kanye West and Taylor Swift at the 2015 MTV VMAs.
Kanye West and Taylor Swift at the 2015 MTV VMAs. Photo: Kevin Winter/MTV1415/Getty Images



has already got himself embroiled in a row with an old adversary following Thursday night’s launch of his new album, The Life of Pablo.
The track Famous includes the line, “I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex / Why? I made that bitch famous.” The Taylor in question is Taylor Swift, and the line refers to the 2009 MTV VMAs, when West took to the stage and interrupted her acceptance speech to say: 

“Yo, Taylor, I’m really happy for you and I’mma let you finish, but BeyoncĂ© had one of the best videos of all time. One of the best videos of all time.” The incident prompted President Barack Obama to call West a “jackass”.

Following the playback of The Life of Pablo at Madison Square Garden in New York, Swift’s spokesperson issued a statement saying West had asked Swift to share Famous on her Twitter account. “She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message. Taylor was never made aware of the actual lyric, ‘I made that bitch famous,’” the spokesperson said.

Close associates of Swift have made their displeasure about the line known. The singer’s brother, Austin, posted a video on Instagram of him throwing his Yeezy trainers into the bin, with the caption, 

“Getting a head start on some spring cleaning. Here we go again.”

The model Gigi Hadid, a close friend of Swift, who was at the event, tweeted: “My attendance somewhere does not mean I agree with everything being said in the music playing there. My friends know of my loyalty.”


Old Beef

 10 best: Kanye West and Taylor Swift at the MTV awards
 2009 MTV Video Music awards. Kanye Crashes Taylor’s stage. Wobbly on after drinking Hennessy (he’d been drinking from the bottle on the red carpet beforehand), West made an unbidden appearance on stage. Swift had just beaten BeyoncĂ© to the award.  
Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Not to be outdone, controversial businessman Martin Shkreli managed to insert himself into the evening’s events, too. Fresh from his infamous smirking performance at a congressional hearing, where he cited the fifth amendment, which gives a person the right not to say anything that might incriminate them, when asked about his purchase for $2m of the Wu-Tang Clan’s one-off album 'Once Upon a Time in Shaolin', he offered to buy the rights to The Life of Pablo.

Shkreli tweeted West, attaching a photo of a letter, in which he said: “I have been a tremendous fan of your music for many years. Specifically, the album 'The College Dropout' inspired me to succeed at a young age."
“I am writing to you in hopes of convincing you to withhold the release of your forthcoming studio album. Instead of releasing this product for your millions of fans, I ask you to sell this recording solely to me, for the price of $10m. I believe you (and your partners) will find this financial arrangement more attractive than your current course of action.”

Martin Shkreli @MartinShkreli
Here is my initial offer for the album. @kanyewest Thanks for your consideration and I look forward to your response



... Shaking my head. Dude should know better than to be caught up in the buzz saw. 

courtesy: Guardian






No comments:

Post a Comment